Soliloquy Jewelry: Unboxing Daughter Of The Moon Ring

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Another package has arrived at MeShe! This time it is from my friend Kerin from SoliloquyJewelry.  She recently added vintage rings into her shop. I went ahead and purchased one of her vintage eagle rings, a few days later she had posted a work in progress on Facebook.  I jumped as soon as I saw the ring. I'm a huge fan of anything celestial, so I added that to my order.   She custom fit the band to my size and shipped it off to me!


The box arrived beautifully packaged with lots of sage green crinkle paper, a hand stamped kraft box, and pouch full of goodies. Kerin includes a small sticker, and a business card with an image printed on the front.  Everything has a cohesive boho feel to it. I enjoyed unwrapping each treasure one by one.

These are her mason Jar Necklaces. How innovative! 


I first unwrapped the smaller kraft box with lots of raffia ribbon and a piece of what looks to be lavender. Inside was my vintage eagle ring that I had chosen from her shop. A great everyday ring finished in a vintage brass, with a turquoise like inlay. The style of ring could easily be unisex. 


A closer look at the vintage eagle ring.


As I unwrapped the hand stamped pouch this beauty was securely wrapped in bubble wrap. I laid eyes and knew it was mine!  I really love anything celestial as I mentioned in my youtube video.  Celestial, wizards, and fairies, ill take all of the above. The hand carved bone is beautiful complimenting the smiling man in the moon. The three turquoise pieces perfectly compliment the piece making for a large statement ring. 



My initial thoughts were that I am in love. And that I would wear it more than I thought. It has a nice lightweight feel for the size and amount of stones. Each turquoise are unique in size and color pattern, the turquoise used in this ring are from the Blue Moon Mine in Nevada.  The framed stamped wire gives it a balance and centers your eye to the stones at hand.


I like the mix of serrated bezel and smooth as shown in the photo above.



This photo above is from SoliloquyJewelry. I forgot to take a photo of the back! Finished with a large Tapered band for comfort. Allowing the large bezel to not spin around on the finger. 


Overall I am very satisfied with my purchased from Kerin. Very bohemian, earthy, inspiring jewelry. Reminds me of traditional metalsmithing techniques the native americans use and teach but with an updated twist.

Here are some beautiful turquoise, quartz, and amethyst stones she included. Thank you lady! I love everything :)  

Now thats a ring!
Full youtube video up!

Hope you all enjoyed! Will share more unique artisan goodies that I pick up shortly!


No comments:

Post a Comment