Weekly Update 8/11/2014

Monday, August 11, 2014

As always lots of new going on in the studio the last few weeks. I can't believe its already August! It makes me sad summer only lasts a few months here in New York!  I love the warm weather, laying out on the deck, soaking up the sun. How can you have a bad day when its beautiful out!



Here are some of the quartz points I shared last update all finished. I have two stone choices, labradorite and tigers eye.


My best friends dog Bailey. She is a little seal baby water pup. I love her she likes to go swimming everyday if she could.

A glimpse of different made to order rings all available for purchase.  Also I just ordered 14mm trillion cut (like the labradorite above) pink amethyst stones :)
A bunch of new made to order and customs on the bench. This is the first step of making a piece. Creating a fitted bezel.

A little progress in this shot, the bezels have been created, and matching ring shanks. Freshly pickled in acid to remove any fire scale.


My hair has been growing for months after getting a pixie cut last year. Im finally at a very short bob stage yay! Thinking about doing a blogpost on cutting your hair into a pixie and then growing it out.


A custom pendant and earring set I recently made. This stone is peruvian amazonite. I have rings made to order on my site. I may launch more earrings like this that dangle with the ear wire attached to the bezel.


All of these dreamy blue labradorite were recently launched. These are top grade blue labradorite. One featuring a moon design the others with a beaded wire bezel.

A selection of new labradorite cabochons I recently received. That extra large on in my hand is going to be a big momma! Once I finish a few bridal orders, I am going to start that project.

I have mentioned before I am a huge makeup collector. I really love collecting limited edition releases as well as having a full selection of colors to work with for all seasons. I recently purchased a few goodies from MAC and Chanel. The MAC lipstick and lipliner are my favorite selections from this purchase. MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick, MAC Whirl Lipliner, Chanel Lipstick In Boy, Chanel Les Beiges.  I find myself time and time again disappointed with Chanels Powders more often than not. I like this one it is beautiful great for a collector not a holy grail by any means.

All lined up for soldering


Empress rings all soldered ready to setting and polishing.


All set moonstone and labradorite Empress rings. The flash on these are beautiful and really pop against the oxidized setting.


I only have two left of these vintage crystal octopus necklaces. The crystals were found in a vintage warehouse.


I ordered this from Etsy seller Lauren Sumner Pottery. She makes these little cat ring trays in two sizes and they are so adorable. Anything Kitty :)


A bridal order I just completed for an old friend. 


Every summer by my house they hold a seafood dinner every Wednesday where they have live music at the beach.  Its a nice break midweek to enjoy family and friends and some good food. I even ran into my cousin. Small world, no just small town ha!


In the studio firing away at ring. 




New vintage posts up. Set in brass with a sterling post. 


I shared these on my Facebook a few weeks ago.  I would like to add more gemstone options to the mix. What other stones would you like to see?


I am apart of a group of talented metal smiths who I am proud to call friends! Here are some of their pieces. Our group will start to hold charity auctions every month or so with one piece from each artist and we all will create based on a theme for each challenge. Like our Facebook Page to keep up to date with us (we are still working on the page).


New Om and Heart recycled earrings. 


New sterling Swarovski necklaces, Swarovski launched there new skull beads recently. I thought they were rad so I grabbed a few.


Norwegian Moonstone ring, this I may retire this stone/ring soon. Not sure yet. It has been a great seller but maybe time to feature other stones in this style.


Custom lapis and post earring set I made for a customer. Available made to order.

  More orders out the door. Swarovski on floral band, Green Amethyst Stacker, Mother Of Pearl (Custom request for scalloped bezel) and OOAK Jasper.


 I am so excited to launch my new packaging for all metal orders! Yay for branding!  I am very pleased so far with my upgrades. What do you guys think? All recycled paper, new stamped box, and ships in a box.  My vintage pieces will still ship in bubble mailers.


I have been working with a very established goldsmith in my area privately. I am acquiring new skills daily with his help.  Here is a wax carving I am working on for a 8x8mm trillion cut faceted London Blue Topaz, I will be offering in multiple colors soon!


In the works is this awesome large labradorite pendant with a hand pierced Brass Moon detail.  This will be the back of the necklace! I can't wait to finish :)

My best friends birthday just passed and I made him this custom Anchor necklace. I will be offering these soon in my shop on silver and brass. If you would like to preorder one just shoot me an email @ meshedesigns@yahoo.com


As mentioned above it was my best friends birthday, we went to a lovely rooftop dinner in Long Island City.  The view was breathtaking!


My best friends. My rocks. We celebrated in the Lower East Side later that night, which is our favorite place to go for a good night out. Casual and good crowds.


Kyanite and Amazonite out the door.  Will be retiring this amazonite only have a few stones left!

 Brand new turquoise rings in the shop ready to ship. I am going to source more stones like this.


 A few orders that shipped the other day, Blue Lace Agate, chrome diopside (retired, shape and size of stone no longer available) Peridot posts , garnet posts, and recycled sterling posts.


Brand new Lapis 14KT gold bezel ring. Love the contrast of gold and silver especially on the rich royal blue of lapis.

SUPER SALE - comment sold or email me which piece you are interested in meshedesigns@yahoo.com 


I have the Rose Quartz heart ring size 6 and putting at a super sale price of 30.00 shipped to any US Address for free. International is 10.00

 Tree Agate Size 7 super sale $50.00 shipped shipped to any US Address for free. International is $10.00

Ice Cream Jasper super sale size 7 $50.00 shipped shipped to any US Address for free. International is $10.00


Last super sale of the week, $40.00 shipped to any US Address for free. International is $10.00

Thanks again for stopping in and taking the time to read my blog posts. Every comment, like or share never goes unnoticed.  I have a lot of really exciting things coming up and a big announcement I will be sharing soon :)  Love you guys!

MeShe xx







4 comments:

  1. Love the Peruvian amazonite earrings. Can't wait for my rings to arrive, eagerly checking the letterbox each day. :-)
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they nice! Me too, you are going to love that pearl ring I just know it! Hope all is well Jo :)

      Delete
  2. I love them! They are so beautiful! I wish I know how to solder, Ive been trying but it is always a fail. If only I can find an affordable class. I recently discovered your YouTube video that lead me to your blog. Thanks for sharing! Can you make a tutorial on how you set your stones on the bezel settings? Just like your Lapis 14KT gold bezel ring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mitch I just saw this comment sorry I have been a bit behind on my blog! I have shown a few videos on setting throughout my Vlogs. I will keep in mind a tutorial in for setting the bezels :) Thanks for watching my videos and reading my blog :)

      Delete